As Frank Loesser wrote in The Most Happy Fella, we’re heading to the Big D!
Monica and I have made the decision to move to back to the DFW metroplex. Katie Lynn’s ordeal helped put things into perspective. There are an abundance of reasons behind our decision:
- Both sets of parents live in the metroplex.
- Tom’s sister, brother-in-law, and their two daughters live in the metroplex.
- There are more opportunities in the metroplex for Monica’s career.
- The school systems are top notch. Additionally, the arts programs there have more support and are generally better quality.
- There is more culture in the metroplex: zoos, museums, botanical gardens, symphonies, etc.
- There is more entertainment opportunities in the metroplex – both for now and for the future: Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Desperados, etc.
Our house in Lubbock went up on the market last week and we’ve begun the house search in the metroplex. We spent the better portion of the last month packing and making our house “presentable” for showings.
We started talking about moving about two years ago, so needless to say we’re very excited. Katie Lynn is even ready to get moving!